- What information we collect How we use the information we collect
- How we share the information we collect
- International Privacy Laws
- Cookies - what they are and how we use them
- How we use email
- Are minors allowed to purchase products on Applied Sites?
- Applied Security Policy
- Your rights
What information we collect
We receive and store any information that you enter on our Sites or provide in other ways. Several areas of our Sites allow you to make inquiries or request literature by filling out and submitting an online form.
Most of our Sites do not require any form of registration, allowing you to visit our Sites without telling us who you are. However, some services may require you to provide us with Personal Information. The information you submit during registration may include company information including address, , fax, email, contract information, user information, user comments and survey responses.
In order to establish a business or employment relationship or complete a transaction with Applied, you may be asked to provide information such as name, address, telephone, email address, banking information, credit card number and other relevant information. In these situations, if you choose to withhold any Personal Information requested by us, it may not be possible for you to gain access to certain parts of our Sites and for us to respond to your inquires, including but not limited to providing services, completing purchases or sales, performing marketing actions, and meeting our contractual obligations.
Standard server logs with IP addresses are collected as part of a business critical need to prevent fraud.
How we use the information we collect
We may gather information that helps show how customers use the Sites. For example, we might do research to determine which areas are accessed most frequently. The information we gather when you visit our Sites or provide in other ways may be used to improve the products we offer to our customers. In the end, we hope this information will help us build richly dynamic Sites and valuable services that not only fulfill all of our customers’ industrial product needs, but also provide an easy-to-use interface and an overall enjoyable shopping experience. In effect, we want to tailor our Sites and marketing profiling so that our customers receive more of what they want from us and less of what they don't want.
Our Sites are designed to build HTML pages dynamically and according to account information. Therefore, the information that is stored within our databases is retrieved so that only those registered and authorized users have access to their account information. Email information is requested so that we can email you the related transactional documents for your order and for transaction processing within the business context as implied in our buyer and seller agreements. All other data collected through emails is used to improve our marketing communications with you.
How we share the information we collect
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if you provide us with personal information in order for us to prepare a tax return, we will use that information to prepare the return and submit it to the applicable taxing authorities.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections.
- To improve our website and present its contents to you.
- For testing, research, analysis and product development.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
International Privacy Laws
Cookies – what they are and how we use them
Our Sites use "cookies," which are small pieces of information stored by your browser or other application on your computer's browser or hard drive. The cookies are used to connect your computer with information stored about your online activity, searches, preferences and product purchases both within the same website visit and from one visit to the next on Applied Sites and/or other websites. Some examples of this data may include your account preferences, user specific information on pages accessed, searched terms or addresses entered, and previous visits to the sites. The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive new cookies or how to disable cookies altogether. If you reject cookies, you may not be able to participate in certain activities or receive a promotion tailored to you. The Applied Sites do not control and do not guarantee the effectiveness of browser-based tools for managing cookies.
Applied uses Google Analytics to monitor activity on our Sites. To learn how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please visit: “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
How we use email
After you place an order on our Sites, you will receive an email confirmation of your order placement. You will receive these emails only if you have provided your email address.
In addition, we may use email for providing you with information on promotions, outages and other events. We also use email as a means of communicating with you. Please note that we do not sell email addresses to other companies.
Are minors allowed to purchase products on Applied Sites?
Applied Sites do not knowingly sell products for purchase by minors under 18 years of age. If you are under 18, you may purchase products on Applied Sites only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Applied Security Policy
The importance of security for all personally identifiable information associated with our guests is of utmost concern to us. We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software. We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Tokenization of the entire credit card number is performed during order processing by third party. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, Applied can't ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any account information. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Applied may update this policy from time to time. Updates will be posted on our Sites and will be effective as of the date of posting. We ask that you check our Sites periodically for updates to this and other policies.
You can contact us at any time to:
- Request access and portability to information that Applied has about you
- Correct any information that Applied has about you
- Delete specific data permanently or restrict for processing or transferring to third parties that Applied has about you
- Object to processing of any Personal Data you provided, including but not limited to automated decision-making and profiling for marketing purposes.
California Residents Click Here to lean how we process information in accordance with California Law.
If you have any questions about Applied’s collection and storage of data, please contact us at:
Postal Address: Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc.
Attn: Joan Greene, Assistant General Counsel
One Applied Plaza, Cleveland, Ohio 44115
© Copyright 2019 Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc. All Rights Reserved. (Rev. 12/17/2019)